Purdue struggling for last bowl-eligible win
Updated: November 1, 2006, 3:09 PM ETBy Bruce Hooley | Special to ESPN.com
• Purdue looked like a certain bowl team after its 4-0 start. Now, things aren't so definite. With three road games in its final four, and with back-to-back losses in which the Boilermakers have scored three combined points, nothing is a sure thing as coach Joe Tiller takes his team to Michigan State. The 12-0 loss to Penn State was Purdue's first shutout since Tiller took over in 1997 and featured just 246 yards total offense, the team's worst showing in three years.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- 49ers' Harbaugh 'considering' Michigan job
- Chryst returns to Wisconsin as head coach
- Walter Camp honor goes to TCU's Patterson
- Pelini's rant on AD fuels Nebraska response