Golden Hurricane defense hearing the alarm
From Tulsa's defense hearing the alarm to Notre Dame's Victor Abiamiri to Wyoming shaking up the MWC, the non-BCS and independents are covered here.
Updated: October 26, 2006, 7:25 PM ETBy Adam Rittenberg | Special to ESPN.com
The alarm clock sounded for Tulsa's defense on a rainy afternoon in the Utah Valley, but by then it was too late. BYU quarterback John Beck and running backs Curtis Brown and Fui Vakapuna had racked up 49 points, the most against Tulsa in nearly two years.
"We couldn't just roll out on the field and beat somebody," linebacker Nick Bunting said. "We had to put in the work."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Former Cal AD Barbour hired by Penn State
- Sources: Longhorns kick four more off team
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- UGA frosh Bellamy faces DUI, speeding charges
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Schutt Tulsa Golden Hurricanes Mini Football Helmet