Spurrier, Gamecocks looking for two straight over Vols
From Vanderbilt's rise to Arkansas' MBP candidate, ESPN.com runs through all the important story lines in the SEC.
- Steve Spurrier said it was never personal, his rivalry with Tennessee's Phillip Fulmer.
The unvarnished truth is that Spurrier likes to pick at everybody. And when he's winning the way he was at Florida and beating up on some incredibly talented Tennessee teams in the 1990s, it's only magnified.
"There never was a lot of back and forth. There really wasn't," said Spurrier, who's 8-3 against Fulmer and gets a chance to make it 2-0 as South Carolina's Head Ball Coach this Saturday when the eighth-ranked Vols visit Williams-Brice Stadium.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider