Johnson leading GaTech toward title run
With perennial powers Miami and FSU down, teams like Georgia Tech and Wake Forest are making strides in the ACC.
With the exception of a 22-0 victory over Division I-AA Maine, Boston College (4-1, 1-1 Atlantic) spent the first part of the season living on the edge.
The Eagles began with a seven-point win against Central Michigan and two overtime victories against Clemson and BYU. But the close shaves caught up with BC in a 17-15 loss to North Carolina State that knocked the Eagles out of the driver's seat in the Atlantic Division.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
- Bowling Green gets former Baylor WR Rhodes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Boston College Eagles Maroon Football Tech Performance T-Shirt