Michigan State, ND to honor 'Game of the Century'
From Paul Posluszny's revival to Iowa's inspiring linebacker, the Big Ten is covered here.
The 40th anniversary of the 10-10 tie in 1966 will feature both teams wearing commemorative patches on the front of the game jerseys. Michigan State will also wear throwback Spartans decals on its helmets to replicate the look of the team's 1966 helmets.
Besides that, 45 former players and coaches from the 1966 MSU team that went 9-0-1 are expected back on campus for a reunion. The highlight will be the retirement of defensive end Bubba Smith's No. 95 jersey. He'll become the third MSU player so honored, joining Don Coleman (No. 78, 1949-51) and George Webster (No. 90, 1964-66).
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- L'ville to make Grantham among richest DCs
- Missouri AD grateful, regretful in stepping down
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- McCain: Time to talk legalizing sports betting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Michigan State Spartans Football Practice Legend Black T-shirt