Tigers face must-win situation in Tallahassee
From Bowden Bowl VIII to Chuck Amato's rant to North Carolina's QB switch, everything ACC is covered here.
For the first time since Tommy Bowden became Clemson's coach in 1999, the Tigers had a realistic chance of going into their annual tussle against Florida State without a loss.
"I was really hoping there would be a day where we could both come into this game undefeated," said Bobby Bowden, FSU's coach and Tommy's father. "I thought this might be it. It would have really meant something for both of us to come in there undefeated."
Clemson blew that possibility Saturday by suffering a bitter 34-33 overtime loss to Boston College in Chestnut Hill, Mass.
The defeat puts the Tigers in a must-win situation going into Saturday's game in Tallahassee, where Clemson hasn't won since 1989.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Squirrel-hunting Winston held at gunpoint in '12
- Source: Longhorns reinstate safety Turner
- Stanford WR Montgomery rehabbing shoulder
- OU RB banned from team amid investigation
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Boston College Eagles Maroon Football Tech Performance T-Shirt