Tailback by committee working for Trojans
From the aftermath of the Bears' defeat in Week 1 to Arizona State's continued quarterback struggles, everything Pac-10 is covered here.
C.J. Gable became the first true freshman to start for USC at the position, and he totaled 51 yards on 11 carries with a touchdown. Fellow freshmen Allen Bradford and Emmanuel Moody saw plenty of action, with juniors Chauncey Washington and Desmond Reed also contributing. Only freshman Stafon Johnson, perhaps the most touted of the freshman foursome, didn't play, and he might get his first touches after performing well during the off-week and because Washington is questionable with a bum hamstring.
Coach Pete Carroll said "the ball is available." "We didn't change it (the rotation) at all," he said. "It's OK for now. We're just trying to figure it out."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
- Diggs: Some ex-Longhorns didn't love game
- TCU 'separates' from star DE after gun claim
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Arizona Wildcats Navy Football Practice Legend T-Shirt