Team preview: Texas Tech
The Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook previews the 2006 Texas Tech Red Raiders, exclusively on Insider.
Updated: July 31, 2006, 5:23 PM ETBlue Ribbon College Football Yearbook
- Editor's Note: ESPN Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook to provide a comprehensive look at all 119 Division I-A teams. To order the complete 2006 edition of Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook, visit www.blueribbonyearbook.com or call 1-866-805-BALL (2255). (All information as of July 1, 2006)COACH AND PROGRAM
Texas Tech coach Mike Leach's system produces players who pile up monster statistics, but Leach doesn't put a whole lot of emphasis on individual efforts. Instead, he chooses to look at the big picture. Which is helpful when it comes to this season. "I don't see any real superstars," said Leach about his roster. "We have some solid guys. That's more where I think our strength is. And frankly, when I play a team, those are the guys that scare me. [If] somebody's brilliant at this, well, you just try to work around that. But the guys that are steady and kind of solid, they don't give you a ton to work around. And hopefully we can evolve into a team like that." The personnel will go through one of its larger overhauls of Leach's tenure heading into this fall.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Texas Tech Red Raiders #22 Black Replica Football Jersey
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com