Team preview: Texas A&M
The Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook previews the 2006 Texas A&M Aggies, exclusively on Insider.
Updated: July 31, 2006, 5:22 PM ETBlue Ribbon College Football Yearbook
- Editor's Note: ESPN Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook to provide a comprehensive look at all 119 Division I-A teams. To order the complete 2006 edition of Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook, visit www.blueribbonyearbook.com or call 1-866-805-BALL (2255). (All information as of July 1, 2006)COACH AND PROGRAM
History said that 2005 should have been a breakout year for Texas A&M in its third season under Dennis Franchione. At his previous two stops in the NCAA Division I-A coaching ranks, Franchione had improved his club's record in each successive year. At TCU, he managed the Horned Frogs to records of 7-5, 8-4 and 10-1 from 1998-2000. In his last stop previous to landing in College Station, he led Alabama to a 7-5 record in his first season in 2001 and a 10-3 record in 2002. So when the Aggies followed their 4-8 inaugural season under his tutelage with a 7-5 2004 campaign (and earned a Cotton Bowl berth), Franchione looked like he had A&M on the right track.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com