Offensive improvement key to Georgia Tech's title run
The answers to two questions will determine Georgia Tech's success this season: How good does quarterback Reggie Ball want to be, and how consistent can he be?
- Miami and Virginia Tech figure to get the lion's share of votes when media members are asked in July to predict the champion of the ACC's Atlantic Division.But that knee-jerk reaction would overlook Georgia Tech, a veteran and talented team that might be able to take advantage of the offseason upheaval in both the Hurricanes' and Hokies' programs.Brian Bahr/Getty ImagesReggie Ball's consistency is Georgia Tech's biggest question mark.
Fifteen starters -- including All-American receiver Calvin Johnson -- return from a Yellow Jackets team that notched its ninth consecutive postseason berth in 2005. Only five other Division I-A programs have active bowl runs as long as Georgia Tech's.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Youth-Sized Hail Mary Rubber Football
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider