Stanback key to Huskies' comeback plans
After spending years as a national power, Washington slipped to only three wins over the last two years. The Huskies are determined to reverse that trend.
Updated: April 4, 2006, 4:07 PM ETBy Ted Miller | Special to ESPN.com
Washington split the 1991 national championship with Miami and finished the 2000 season ranked third in the nation after winning the 2001 Rose Bowl. Since 1977, the Huskies played in seven Rose Bowls and an Orange Bowl. From 1977 to 2003, they ran off 27 seasons without a losing record.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- Seahawks' Sherman, Bennett rip 'scam' NCAA
- Sources: ACC to count BYU among Power 5
- Former PSU player Taliaferro now lawmaker
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Washington Huskies #7 Purple Replica Game Football Jersey