Bullet Head, Snake and Father Ben form talented trio
They're known for their unique nicknames, but South Florida's linebackers bring an impressive array of skills to the field as well.
"That's a tough one," says University of South Florida middle linebacker Ben Moffitt, who has experienced both. "I love the feeling of making a good goal-line stand. But, I don't know, shooting a buck kind of lasts a little bit longer."
Big Mr. Moffitt plans to give lots of ball carriers that deer-in-the-headlights look this season. He anchors coach Jim Leavitt's 4-3 defense and represents a third of what promises to be a dynamic linebacking crew, one that returns intact for a second straight season.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Squirrel-hunting Winston held at gunpoint in '12
- Source: Longhorns reinstate safety Turner
- Stanford WR Montgomery rehabbing shoulder
- OU RB banned from team amid investigation
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's USF Bulls 2014 Football Schedule Green T-Shirt