Harrell, Daniel among Big 12 QBs fighting for the job
Some of the Big 12's fiercest battles will take place before the season starts. Only a handful of the conference's schools are returning an experienced starting quarterback.
Instead, Harrell chose to return to his hometown in Ennis, Texas, to spend time with old friends and family. The chance for a few home-cooked meals, along with a little film study with his father, his former high-school football coach, was the perfect way for Harrell to prepare for spring practice.
"I don't get a chance to get a lot of time off," Harrell said. "Coming back home was good to get me ready for the spring."
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- L'ville to make Grantham among richest DCs
- Missouri AD grateful, regretful in stepping down
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- McCain: Time to talk legalizing sports betting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Missouri Tigers Football Practice Legend Black T-shirt