Harrell, Daniel among Big 12 QBs fighting for the job
Some of the Big 12's fiercest battles will take place before the season starts. Only a handful of the conference's schools are returning an experienced starting quarterback.
- Texas Tech quarterback Graham Harrell could have spent his spring break hitting the ski slopes somewhere or sunning himself at a warm beach like many other college students.
Instead, Harrell chose to return to his hometown in Ennis, Texas, to spend time with old friends and family. The chance for a few home-cooked meals, along with a little film study with his father, his former high-school football coach, was the perfect way for Harrell to prepare for spring practice.
"I don't get a chance to get a lot of time off," Harrell said. "Coming back home was good to get me ready for the spring."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider