A look around the Big East
What will Louisville do in its bowl game? Can Dave Wannstedt recover in 2006? Our Big East notebook addresses those questions and more.
The Bearcats' first season in the Big East was a big struggle, one that finished on a sour note when the team rushed for minus-23 yards in a 44-9 loss at Rutgers.
Still, the Bearcats (4-7, 2-5) avoided last place, which is where they were picked to finish after losing 14 starters from their bowl team of 2004. The better news is that second-year coach Mark Dantonio used a slew of young players who should be better for their experience. Cincinnati was one of the youngest teams in the country, as Dantonio played 10 true freshmen (seven were starters) and 11 redshirt freshmen.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- OK State has APR penalty rescinded by NCAA
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Syracuse Orange Game Time Full-Size Football