Todd must carry Auburn; Ole Miss' QB controversy
Scouts Inc.'s Steve Muench examines Week 6 story lines, including Auburn's WRs versus Vandy's secondary, what Nebraska must do versus Missouri and the Ole Miss QB controversy.
• No. 9 USC will try to rebound from its astonishing loss to Oregon State on Sept. 25 when it squares off against No. 23 Oregon. The Trojans' inconsistent blocking resulted in USC rushing for just 86 yards on 22 carries in the loss to the Beavers. If the ground game is to improve, USC's front five has to do a better job of creating seams for the backs. However, that's a tall order going up against Oregon's front four. Though DTs Ra'Shon Harris and Cole Linehan are both-first year starters, they have played well and are big enough to help clog up the middle. On the edges, DEs Nick Reed and Will Tukuafu have combined for 18 tackles for loss, excel at getting upfield and can string plays out.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Sources: Texas' Brown poised to step down
- Sources: Alabama offers Saban new extension
- Four QBs, two RBs named Heisman finalists
- Michigan's Gardner (turf toe) expected for bowl