Moreno is in for a long day; Fresno State making history
Scouts Inc.'s Steve Muench examines Week 5 story lines, including the Georgia-Alabama battle in the trenches, Clemson's trap game versus Maryland and Hokies QB Tyrod Taylor's injury.
• No. 24 TCU travels to Norman to take on No. 2 Oklahoma on Saturday night. The Horned Frogs stunned the Sooners 17-10 the last time they were in town and TCU comes into this one with the top-ranked run defense and sixth-ranked scoring defense in the country. Nonetheless, expect Oklahoma to avenge the 2005 loss. Though Sooners RBs DeMarco Murray and Chris Brown won't finish with eye-popping stats, they should help Oklahoma sustain long drives. Massive drive blockers LT Phil Loadholt and LG Duke Robinson are capable of controlling the left side of the line of scrimmage and C Jon Cooper is playing at a high level. In addition, QB Sam Bradford reads defenses well and is accurate. His ability to find the open man quickly and hit him in stride will help negate TCU's impressive pass rush.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Winston captures ACC player of year
- Sarkisian happy to be back 'home' with USC
- QB Mariota to bypass draft, return to Ducks
- Sources: LSU's Mettenberger has torn ACL