LSU has Auburn's number; Seminoles' Ponder coming on
Scouts Inc.'s Steve Muench examines Week 4 story lines, including Chris Ponder's rise at FSU, Georgia's uneasy pass D and a sweet matchup for Tar Heel Brandon Tate.
• Tennessee's ability to run between the tackles will be a major determining factor in its chances of pulling off an upset when it hosts No. 4 Florida this weekend. The Volunteers need to limit explosive Gators QB Tim Tebow's opportunities by sustaining long drives that eat up the clock. They simply don't have the weapons to compete in a shootout with Tebow & Co., especially with QB Jonathan Crompton nursing an ankle injury. If RBs Arian Foster, Montario Hardesty and Lennon Creer get off to a slow start, the door will be opened for the Gators to build a lead that puts pressure on the Vols to keep up by passing. The reason Tennessee's run game has to be successful specifically between the tackles? The backs aren't quick enough to consistently get outside against Florida's speedy front seven.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Four QBs, two RBs named Heisman finalists
- Clowney gets ticket for driving 110 in S.C.
- Wake Forest hires coach Clawson of BGSU
- Okla. St. to discipline cheerleader over gaffe