Darron Thomas shows poise
Michigan State's running game impressive; LSU and Florida QBs struggling
Here's a look at the players and teams trending up and down after Week 5 of the college football season.
1. Oregon's offensive backfield
RB LaMichael James and QB Darron Thomas combined for 374 rushing yards and four touchdowns on 46 carries in the Ducks' 52-31 win over Stanford. Thomas also threw for 238 yards and three more scores. The young quarterback came of age against the Cardinal, leading his team back from an early 21-3 deficit, the third time this season he has brought the Ducks back from a double-digit hole. Stanford QB Andrew Luck was dealing early on, but if Thomas' confidence was shaken, he certainly showed no signs.
Which other Pac-10 quarterback stepped up in Week 5? Who are the running backs who made their presence felt? And which SEC signal callers are under pressure after struggles in big games? Todd Mcshay answers those questions and more only for ESPN Insiders.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- Seahawks' Sherman, Bennett rip 'scam' NCAA
- Sources: ACC to count BYU among Power 5
- Former PSU player Taliaferro now lawmaker
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Michigan State Spartans White #18 Football Game Jersey