Vereen steps up while Miles bails out
1. California RB Shane Vereen
Vereen is a backup to Jahvid Best but proved once again in Week 12 why he could start for most programs in the country. The undersized Vereen handled the lion's share of the touches while exploiting an athletically overmatched Stanford defense, carrying 41 times for 194 yards and three touchdowns in a 34-28 upset win.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- QB Lunt mulls Illinois after visit, sources say
- Former Arkansas QB Mitchell picks NC State
- McCartney back on WVU roster after 6 months
- Sources: C-USA to put team in Military Bowl
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010 NFL Draft
Who will rise to the top of the 2010 NFL draft? Insider follows the top players all season long.