Clausen sizzles while Taylor fizzles
Originally Published: September 7, 2009By Todd McShay | Scouts Inc.
1. Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen
Clausen showed no rust while shredding the overmatched Nevada secondary Saturday. The junior took advantage of excellent pass protection and mismatches on the perimeter, completing 15 of 18 passes for 315 yards and four touchdowns with no interceptions in the season-opening 35-0 win. His 24-yard frozen-rope touchdown toss to WR Michael Floyd was a prime example of his ability to fit the ball into tight coverage. Floyd's 189-yard receiving performance was eye opening as well. The Fighting Irish could be in for a special season if the Clausen-to-Floyd combination stays hot.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- L'ville to make Grantham among richest DCs
- Missouri AD grateful, regretful in stepping down
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- McCain: Time to talk legalizing sports betting