McFadden runs back into Heisman race
The opportunity is there every week. Some players seize it. Others let it slide away. Here's a look at the players (and coaches) who shined or slipped in Week 10:
1. Arkansas RB Darren McFadden[+] EnlargeNelson Chenault/US PresswireDarren McFadden run through and around what was a stout South Carolina defense.
Apparently McFadden's ribs are no longer sore. Arkansas' star back steamrolled the South Carolina defense for 321 rushing yards on Saturday, tying an SEC record. He ran for a touchdown and threw for another in the Razorbacks' upset of the Gamecocks in Fayetteville, Ark. The astonishing performance propels McFadden back into Heisman contention and keeps the surging Hogs within striking distance of LSU in the SEC West standings.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider