McFadden runs back into Heisman race
Updated: November 5, 2007, 4:12 PM ETBy Todd McShay | Scouts Inc.
The opportunity is there every week. Some players seize it. Others let it slide away. Here's a look at the players (and coaches) who shined or slipped in Week 10:
1. Arkansas RB Darren McFadden
Nelson Chenault/US PresswireDarren McFadden run through and around what was a stout South Carolina defense.
Apparently McFadden's ribs are no longer sore. Arkansas' star back steamrolled the South Carolina defense for 321 rushing yards on Saturday, tying an SEC record. He ran for a touchdown and threw for another in the Razorbacks' upset of the Gamecocks in Fayetteville, Ark. The astonishing performance propels McFadden back into Heisman contention and keeps the surging Hogs within striking distance of LSU in the SEC West standings.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- OK State has APR penalty rescinded by NCAA
- Buckeyes' Miller throwing ahead of schedule
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Boston College Eagles Maroon Football Tech Performance T-Shirt