Clemson's dynamic duo shined on Saturday
Updated: October 23, 2006, 9:57 AM ETBy Todd McShay | Scouts Inc.
- The opportunity is there every Saturday. Some players seize it. Others let it slide away. Here's a look at the players who shined or slipped in Week 8:
C.J. Spiller\James Davis, RBs, ClemsonSpiller and Davis might be the best 1-2 punch in the country.
Spiller and Davis combined for 382 yards and four touchdowns in Clemson's statement victory over Georgia Tech. Davis did most of his damage early before suffering a minor shoulder injury that limited him in the second and third quarters of the game. But the team did not skip a beat with the true freshman Spiller, who displayed exceptional open-field speed on his 50-yard touchdown run and 50-yard touchdown reception. Also deserving much credit is Clemson's offensive line, which overwhelmed Georgia Tech's defensive front despite losing starting guard Roman Fry to a knee injury in the first quarter.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com