Florida State, Ohio State get help from unsung players
This week's stock report is filled with offensive players who helped or hurt their team's chances in Week 2.
Buster Davis, ILB, Florida State
Chase Daniel, QB, Missouri
It was hard to get excited about Daniel's school-record five touchdown passes versus Murray State in the opener. But combine that performance with his 332 total yards and two touchdowns (one rushing, one passing) versus a much more respectable Ole Miss defense, and there's reason for folks in Columbia to be optimistic. Daniel doesn't run like Brad Smith, but his combination of adequate mobility and far greater passing efficiency makes Daniel a better fit in coach Gary Pinkel's version of the spread offense. Daniel gives Missouri a legitimate shot to challenge Nebraska for the Big 12 North title this year.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- OK State has APR penalty rescinded by NCAA
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Arizona Wildcats Cardinal #33 Football Game Jersey