Matt Ryan to Dolphins is a distinct possibility
Darren McFadden is the No. 1 prospect in the 2008 NFL draft, but Glenn Dorsey might fill the biggest need for the Miami Dolphins. Then how come Matt Ryan could be the No. 1 overall pick?
Originally Published: February 6, 2008By Mel Kiper Jr. | ESPN.com
- Boston College's Matt Ryan reminds me of the three quarterbacks who were taken at the top of the first round in the 2004 NFL draft -- Eli Manning, Philip Rivers and Ben Roethlisberger. In four years, Manning and Roethlisberger already have won Super Bowls, and Rivers has reached the AFC Championship game. Ryan -- up to No. 3 on my Top 25 Big Board -- has a grade similar to that of Manning, Rivers and Roethlisberger when they were drafted. That's just one reason why you hear Ryan's name associated with the Miami Dolphins, who own the No. 1 pick.If Ryan doesn't go to Miami, look for Atlanta, Kansas City and perhaps Baltimore to try and land the top quarterback in this year's class. The way the draft order is now, I don't see Ryan falling past the Falcons unless a team is willing to trade up.[+] EnlargeAl Messerschmidt/Getty ImagesMatt Ryan's fate in the draft could depend on how much the Dolphins like last year's second-round draft pick, John Beck.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com