Nebraska's Nicks newcomer to top 25 Big Board
Carl Nicks started at New Mexico State before transferring to a junior college. Now, after a solid campaign at Nebraska, Nicks has landed on Mel Kiper's top 25 Big Board.
Originally Published: December 19, 2007By Mel Kiper Jr. | ESPN.com
- This is an ideal time to break down players on film -- from 2007 as well as past seasons -- and the changes you see on this week's top 25 Big Board reflect film evaluation. It's one of the reasons why Kentucky quarterback Andre' Woodson has dropped out of my top 25 and Nebraska offensive tackle Carl Nicks is in.The 6-foot-5 Nicks really saw his draft rating improve in 2007. The fact that he made such significant strides in his senior season makes Nicks an intriguing prospect in next April's NFL draft.[+] EnlargeBrian Bahr/Getty ImagesDespite his size (6-5, 345), Carl Nicks is very light on his feet.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
- Missouri rewards Pinkel with bump to $3.1M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com