Porter's productivity worthy of place on Top 25 Big Board
After a 5-1 start, the Indiana Hoosiers have lost four of their last five games. However, one bright spot in recent weeks has been the play of senior cornerback Tracy Porter.
Originally Published: November 14, 2007By Mel Kiper Jr. | ESPN.com
- Relatively little change on my Big Board this week, although Vanderbilt tackle Chris Williams returns to the Top 25. One newcomer debuting this week is Indiana cornerback Tracy Porter. A four-year starter for the Hoosiers, Porter has 16 interceptions in his career, including six in 2007, which is tied for the Big Ten lead. He's also fourth on the team in tackles with 70, including 52 solo. Porter also returns punts and is averaging 12.2 yards per return.[+] EnlargeAJ Mast/Icon SMIIn addition to six interceptions, Tracy Porter is third in the Big Ten in punt return average this season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com