Ryan has Eagles flying high; LSU's Jackson debuts on board
Boston College's Matt Ryan, my current frontrunner for the Heisman Trophy, has moved to the top of the senior class at the quarterback position, moving ahead of Louisville's Brian Brohm and Kentucky's Andre' Woodson.
Originally Published: October 10, 2007By Mel Kiper Jr. | ESPN.com
- Quarterback Matt Ryan has helped lead the Boston College Eagles to a 6-0 start heading into Saturday's game at Notre Dame. Although there are still two months left in the season, Ryan currently is my front-runner for the Heisman. However, Ryan and the Eagles will be tested over the next six weeks with conference road games against Virginia Tech, Clemson and Maryland.The one newcomer this week is LSU cornerback Chevis Jackson, the third defensive player from the Tigers on the Big Board. Jackson has terrific ball skills, supports the run well and has had a solid and consistent career in Baton Rouge. The key for Jackson solidifying a place in the first round of next April's NFL draft will boil down to how well he runs at the combine and during individual testing.Chris Graythen/Getty ImagesChevis Jackson has two interceptions and six pass breakups for the 6-0 Tigers.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Florida banged up entering spring practice
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Ex-Iowa player sues over 'rhabdo' injuries
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com