Big day for Big Ten in Personnel Points
Led by Michigan's blowout of Notre Dame, the Big Ten garnered most of the recognition this week in Mel Kiper's Personnel Points.
Originally Published: September 18, 2006By Mel Kiper Jr. | Special to ESPN Insider
- Looking back on Separation Saturday you have to start with the game at Notre Dame where Michigan's defense was the difference. Up front the Wolverines defensive line got the best of the Irish, led by defensive tackle Alan Branch and defensive end/linebacker LaMarr Woodley. Cornerback Leon Hall did a nice job on Notre Dame wide receivers Jeff Samardzija and Rhema McKnight. Samardzija's first catch didn't come until there were less than two minutes left in the first half, and he finished with four receptions for 30 yards and a touchdown.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com