USC and Texas have one more hurdle
The Trojans and Longhorns can't get caught looking ahead to a potential Rose Bowl matchup, writes Craig James.
I had the pleasure of announcing the Texas-Texas A&M game Friday, and witnessed firsthand just how hard it is for a national title contender to hang on in late November. Texas was supposed to easily pound the Aggies. And yes, I know that rivalry games are harder than normal for the predicted winner, but I could feel the tension and pressure the Longhorns were dealing with. Much more pressure than a normal Aggie-Longhorn tilt. And it was all because of the realization that a Rose Bowl berth is getting oh so close to reality.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU starts No. 1 in preseason coaches' poll
- Florida St. lands Elite 11 QB recruit Francois
- Ex-Heisman winner Lujack OK after surgery
- Fired OSU band director was trying to fix culture
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Texas Longhorns Grey Basketball Pullover Performance Hoodie