USC and Texas have one more hurdle
The Trojans and Longhorns can't get caught looking ahead to a potential Rose Bowl matchup, writes Craig James.
I had the pleasure of announcing the Texas-Texas A&M game Friday, and witnessed firsthand just how hard it is for a national title contender to hang on in late November. Texas was supposed to easily pound the Aggies. And yes, I know that rivalry games are harder than normal for the predicted winner, but I could feel the tension and pressure the Longhorns were dealing with. Much more pressure than a normal Aggie-Longhorn tilt. And it was all because of the realization that a Rose Bowl berth is getting oh so close to reality.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA may work with power 5 conferences
- Sources: Texas' Brown poised to step down
- Sources: Bama eyes making Saban top paid
- Texas Tech QB Mayfield will seek transfer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's USC Trojans Cardinal Full-Zip Basketball Performance Hoodie