USC and Texas have one more hurdle
The Trojans and Longhorns can't get caught looking ahead to a potential Rose Bowl matchup, writes Craig James.
- Is there anybody else out there scratching their heads wondering where the time went? Did we really just watch Thanksgiving fly past us?
I had the pleasure of announcing the Texas-Texas A&M game Friday, and witnessed firsthand just how hard it is for a national title contender to hang on in late November. Texas was supposed to easily pound the Aggies. And yes, I know that rivalry games are harder than normal for the predicted winner, but I could feel the tension and pressure the Longhorns were dealing with. Much more pressure than a normal Aggie-Longhorn tilt. And it was all because of the realization that a Rose Bowl berth is getting oh so close to reality.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Texas Longhorns Burnt Orange Full-Zip Game Jacket
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider