Big East dream matchup overshadowing Breeders' Cup
In Louisville, thoroughbreds are usually found in the stables at Churchill Downs. This week, though, they can be found in the locker rooms at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, too.
It's so huge that Rick Pitino's hoops team debuted Wednesday night and no one paid much attention. OK, it was just an exhibition game, but November usually means roundball time in this town.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
- Musburger, Palmer lead SEC Network team
- Florida banged up entering spring practice
- Vandy hires Utah St.'s Maile as D-line coach
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
• Forde: WVU, Louisville share unlikely spotlight
• Maisel: Big East bonanza
• Fowler: Horse of a different color
• Tale of the Tape: West Virginia-Louisville
• Scouts Inc.: Both sides of ball on display
• Preview: Ready for national (title) spotlight
• Starkey: Is defense key?
• SportsNation: Weigh in on WVU-Louisville