Big East dream matchup overshadowing Breeders' Cup
In Louisville, thoroughbreds are usually found in the stables at Churchill Downs. This week, though, they can be found in the locker rooms at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, too.
It's so huge that Rick Pitino's hoops team debuted Wednesday night and no one paid much attention. OK, it was just an exhibition game, but November usually means roundball time in this town.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- No. 1 Miss. St. staves off Kentucky's upset bid
- LSU's late INT gives No. 3 Ole Miss first loss
- Boykin throws 7 TDs, TCU scores 82 in rout
- No. 5 Auburn survives scare from S. Carolina
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
• Forde: WVU, Louisville share unlikely spotlight
• Maisel: Big East bonanza
• Fowler: Horse of a different color
• Tale of the Tape: West Virginia-Louisville
• Scouts Inc.: Both sides of ball on display
• Preview: Ready for national (title) spotlight
• Starkey: Is defense key?
• SportsNation: Weigh in on WVU-Louisville