Big East dream matchup overshadowing Breeders' Cup
In Louisville, thoroughbreds are usually found in the stables at Churchill Downs. This week, though, they can be found in the locker rooms at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, too.
It's so huge that Rick Pitino's hoops team debuted Wednesday night and no one paid much attention. OK, it was just an exhibition game, but November usually means roundball time in this town.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
• Forde: WVU, Louisville share unlikely spotlight
• Maisel: Big East bonanza
• Fowler: Horse of a different color
• Tale of the Tape: West Virginia-Louisville
• Scouts Inc.: Both sides of ball on display
• Preview: Ready for national (title) spotlight
• Starkey: Is defense key?
• SportsNation: Weigh in on WVU-Louisville