Meyer faces tougher title road than Weis
It appears Charlie Weis and Notre Dame face a much easier road to winning national titles than Florida and Urban Meyer, writes Beano Cook.
Updated: May 1, 2006, 4:02 PM ETBy Beano Cook | ESPN Insider
The story goes that one reason Urban Meyer decided to accept the head football coaching job at Florida, instead of Notre Dame, was the myth that it would be easier for the Gators to win the national title than the Fighting Irish.
And that, as it turns out, is what it is -- a myth.
At this stage, it seems easier to raise the national championship flag in South Bend than in Gainesville.
AP PhotoCharlie Weis and ND play seven home games in 2006.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Two ex-Vanderbilt players convicted of rape
- CFP officials won't budge on semis, title dates
- Ex-Heel Ramsay: Suit filed to improve education
- Arkansas' Long re-elected as CFP chairman
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Florida Gators Orange Football Practice Legend T-shirt