USC-Texas the highlight of impressive bowl season
Beano Cook takes a look at the good (Texas-USC, Vince Young) and bad (four-hour games) from the bowl season.
With Texas trying to win its first national championship in more than three decades and USC trying to establish football immortality with a third straight national title, the backdrop of the Rose Bowl certainly raised expectations for the game.
What made the game great was the performances by both teams in Texas' thrilling 41-38 win.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Florida banged up entering spring practice
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Ex-Iowa player sues over 'rhabdo' injuries
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Texas Longhorns #8 Burnt Orange Red River Rivalry Limited Football Jersey