USC-Texas the highlight of impressive bowl season
Beano Cook takes a look at the good (Texas-USC, Vince Young) and bad (four-hour games) from the bowl season.
With Texas trying to win its first national championship in more than three decades and USC trying to establish football immortality with a third straight national title, the backdrop of the Rose Bowl certainly raised expectations for the game.
What made the game great was the performances by both teams in Texas' thrilling 41-38 win.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU starts No. 1 in preseason coaches poll
- Fired OSU band director was trying to fix culture
- Seminoles' Wilson pleads no contest to theft
- Source: Longhorns reinstate safety Turner
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Texas Longhorns White #1 Football Game Jersey