These are must-win games for these coaches
Sometimes, must-win games come earlier than expected and for these coaches, those must-win games are this week.
Originally Published: October 6, 2005By Todd McShay | Scouts Inc.
- As the salaries increase for winning head coaches, the patience level of their schools' president shrinks. As a result, the climate is not the same as it once was in the college football coaching industry: Expectations are at an all time high in college football right now -- from season-to-season and week-to-week. As we look ahead to this week's slate of games, the pressure level seems to be at an all time high.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Ex-Iowa player sues over 'rhabdo' injuries
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com