Paterno is getting the last laugh
Both Mack Brown and Joe Paterno registered signature wins on the big stage, Craig James writes.
Brown won a ton of nice games at Texas but hadn't received the credit he's due because he had lost the last five games to Bob Stoops' Oklahoma Sooners. Even after the impressive Rose Bowl victory over Michigan, Brown's compliments always ended with, "but wait until Texas plays OU."
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
- Bowling Green gets former Baylor WR Rhodes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Penn State Nittany Lions Tailgater Junior-Sized Football