A great opening weekend awaits
The 2005 season is here and it's as much about HIP voters as it is about USC, Craig James writes.
But make no mistake, I woke up Monday morning fired up for football! I felt like a kid waiting for Santa Claus to slide down the chimney. Bring it on let's see if USC can do it.
Will Reggie Bush steal the Heisman from his teammate, Matt Leinart? I can't wait to see how this new Harris Interactive Poll does in replacing The Associated Press in the BCS equation. No doubt they have some really big-time names on the 100-plus member list. But let's get real for a moment. Most of those voters will be off watching their kids or grandchildren play peewee football on Saturdays. Note to HIP voters: You can't vote for little Johnny's Tigers!
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- Buckeyes' Miller throwing ahead of schedule
- Manziel A&M jersey expected to fetch $100K
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Arizona Wildcats Navy Football Practice Legend T-Shirt