Hawk among nation's best
A pair of Trojans and an Ohio State linebacker top Bruce Feldman's Hot 100 list for 2005.
Originally Published: April 27, 2005By Bruce Feldman | ESPN Insider
The college football season is still a few months away, but it's time to take a preseason look at the Hot 100 list for 2005. As always, this isn't a projection in regards to draft prospects, but simply a run-through of who will be the biggest impact/value guys to their programs in the '05 season.
3. Matt Leinart, USC, QB: Mr. Cool is a perfect fit for possibly the most loaded offense in college football history.
4. Adrian Peterson, OU, RB: The franchise. Even with a rebuilt O-line, he's still a good bet to make a run at 2000 yards.
5. Mathias Kiwanuka, Boston College, DE: Single-handedly dominates games. Could get 30 TFLs this fall.
NOTE: Players in limbo due to academic question marks or guys battling through injuries or dealing with off-field matters probably didn't make the list. Same for place kickers or punters.1. Reggie Bush, USC, RB/WR/KR: The ultimate game-breaker. 2. A.J. Hawk, OSU, LB: Great speed, great instincts and is superb against the run and the pass.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- CFP: First four unchanged, but Ole Miss falls
- Georgia's Gurley undergoes knee surgery
- Meyer's message: OSU better behave vs. U-M
- London to remain Virginia's coach in 2015