Paterno and Brown try to trace each other's footsteps
Joe Paterno and Mack Brown are both proven winners who face extra scrutiny for different reasons.
Both are proven winners who face extra scrutiny for different reasons.
Paterno, who has won two national championships and presided over five unbeaten seasons, faces a goal of winning more games than he has lately, and not necessarily the national title.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
- Diggs: Some ex-Longhorns didn't love game
- TCU 'separates' from star DE after gun claim
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Penn State Nittany Lions Hail Mary Youth Football