Bracket projection: West Virginia
West Virginia heading into tournament with little momentum
- Note: For the seventh consecutive year, ESPN's Joe Lunardi has assigned a team of Bracketologists to put together Insider's Tournament Tips, offering in-depth breakdowns and historical analysis of the bracket for all 68 tournament teams to help you make smart picks.
The Mountaineers head up the interstate to Pittsburgh for a very winnable game against Gonzaga. No way this isn't a close contest, in which case you have to favor the team that has Kevin Jones. That would be West Virginia, of course, who survive a round before falling to Ohio State.
Plus, you can enlist the help of Insider's Bracket Predictor tool to aid your picks.
Once the action starts, follow all the games on your desktop with our discreet RealTime Scoreboard.
Take a look inside the data used by the selection committee in seeding the bracket:
To get an edge in picking your bracket that includes a breakdown of West Virginia's offensive and defensive strategy and analysis of player strengths and weaknesses, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Duke's Parker hasn't decided on NBA draft
- Winthrop upsets High Point with last-second 3
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider NCAA Tournament Guide
Joe Lunardi and his team of analysts have broken down every NCAA tournament team's strengths, weaknesses and player tendencies.