Bracket projection: UNC Asheville
The nation's smallest team needs to shoot well to come up big
- Note: For the seventh consecutive year, ESPN's Joe Lunardi has assigned a team of Bracketologists to put together Insider's Tournament Tips, offering in-depth breakdowns and historical analysis of the bracket for all 68 tournament teams to help you make smart picks.
Unlike their two prior NCAA appearances, the Bulldogs avoid Dayton this time -- and with it, the chance to win an NCAA game. UNCA won overtime games in both 2003 and 2011 to advance to the main bracket, but isn't getting close to overtime against Syracuse.
Plus, you can enlist the help of Insider's Bracket Predictor tool to aid your picks.
Once the action starts, follow all the games on your desktop with our discreet RealTime Scoreboard.
Take a look inside the data used by the selection committee in seeding the bracket:
To get an edge in picking your bracket that includes a breakdown of UNC Asheville's offensive and defensive strategy and analysis of player strengths and weaknesses, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Nebraska upsets ninth-ranked Wisconsin
- Cuse closes regular season with rout of FSU
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider NCAA Tournament Guide
Joe Lunardi and his team of analysts have broken down every NCAA tournament team's strengths, weaknesses and player tendencies.