Bracket projection: Marquette
The Golden Eagles can make a run but may struggle against a bigger opponent
- Note: ESPN's Joe Lunardi assigned a team of Bracketologists to put together Insider's Tournament Tips, offering historical analysis of the bracket and in-depth breakdowns on all 68 tournament teams to help you make smart picks.
Marquette under Buzz Williams is one of the toughest teams around. He took the Golden Eagles to the Sweet 16 last year as a No. 11 seed and we should expect nothing less this time around as a No. 3 seed. I'd even like Marquette as a Final Four sleeper if not for the potential buzz saw of Missouri in the regionals.
Plus, you can enlist the help of Insider's Bracket Predictor tool to aid your picks.
Once the action starts, follow all the games on your desktop with our discreet RealTime Scoreboard.
Take a look inside the data used by the selection committee in seeding the bracket:
To get an edge in picking your bracket that includes a breakdown of Marquette's offensive and defensive strategy and analysis of player strengths and weaknesses, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Embiid (back) could be out until mid-NCAAs
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Delaware clinches 1st NCAA bid since 1999
- Manhattan wins MAAC, punches NCAA ticket
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider NCAA Tournament Guide
Joe Lunardi and his team of analysts have broken down every NCAA tournament team's strengths, weaknesses and player tendencies.