Kentucky could get a Wake-up call
Wildcats will be tested by talented Demon Deacons
- Getty Images Safe to say, NBA scouts will be watching Al-Farouq Aminu and John Wall in Round 2.
The "Instant Intel" series is designed to immediately respond to a team's first-round victory by looking ahead to its next opponent.
Kentucky absolutely slaughtered East Tennessee State. The Wildcats are a No. 1 seed, though; it's expected. We, as fans, love upsets. Heck, Insider has a whole blog about 'em.
Now the question looms: Can the immensely talented but (cliché alert) inexperienced Wildcats win another one against a similarly talented Wake Forest team and advance to the Sweet 16?
The answer is: maybe. But the Wildcats will have to have a few things break right to keep their title hopes alive.
To see what factors Wake must focus on to pull the upset and what Kentucky must do to prevent it, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Harvard rolls, gets first NCAA tourney berth
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Duke's Parker hasn't decided on NBA draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN COLLEGE BASKETBALL ENCYCLOPEDIA