2012-13 Pac-12 Power Rankings
Arizona holds down the preseason No. 1 spot, but UCLA is rising
On Monday, Insider began its conference Power Rankings series for the upcoming season with a look at the pecking order in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
Today, we'll tackle the Pac-12.
1. Arizona Wildcats
The Cats fell into Mark Lyons, who graduated from Xavier with a year of eligibility left, and it makes them national title contenders this season. It's not that Lyons is great -- he isn't -- but he knows Sean Miller from playing for him before and is a sound ball handler at the point. He also has exactly what Miller craves -- toughness. Kaleb Tarczewski, Grant Jerrett and Brandon Ashley instantly give the Cats a great front line to combine with Lyons and a bevy of wing players.
To read the full 2012-13 Pac-12 Power Rankings, sign up for ESPN Insider.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Washington's Wilcox undergoes foot surgery
- Ex-coach Alford, New Mexico agree on buyout
- Kansas St. adds former Hoyas forward Bolden
- Stoudamire back at Arizona as assistant coach
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CBB content
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Memphis Tigers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Florida Gators
• Greenberg/Telep: Kentucky Wildcats
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Louisville Cardinals
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Syracuse Orange
• Greenberg/Biancardi: NC State Wolfpack
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Duke Blue Devils
• Biancardi/Gasaway: North Carolina Tar Heels
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Arizona Wildcats
• Greenberg/Telep: UCLA Bruins
• Lunardi: Could Louisville repeat as champs?
• Greenberg: UVA tops list of surprise teams
• Fraschilla: How returning stars can improve
• Gasaway: Top title challengers to Kentucky
• Lunardi: Who will earn No. 1 seeds in 2014?
• Fraschilla: How top recruits can improve
• Pomeroy: Next season's All-American teams
• Gasaway: Top freshmen for 2012-13
• Bilas: Kentucky tops 2013-14 rankings
• Rankin: What Wiggins means for Kansas
• Biancardi: KU to prep Wiggins for NBA success
• Telep: Updated look at top recruits
• Roundtable: Most impressive on AAU circuit?
• Recruiting: Top battles for elite prospects
• Finkelstein: Minnesota's new approach
• Biancardi: Class of 2013 Dream Team
• Roundtable: Bold predictions for 2013 classes
• Rankin: Top 5 sleeper recruiting classes
• Fraschilla: Burke the draft's top point guard?
• Ford: Measurements concern some GMs
• Ford: Why Wiggins would go No. 1 in 2013
• Ford: Mock Draft 2.0
• Ford: McCollum among top sleeper prospects
• Fraschilla: The case for taking Len over Noel
• Ford: An early look at the 2014 NBA draft
• Ford: Ranking the top 30 NBA draft prospects
• Ford: Who's in, who's out of draft?
Jay Bilas Blog
Jay's take on latest from around the nation
Analysis from Fraschilla, Greenberg and Lunardi
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Hollinger's College PER
College basketball's top players
Get wagering advice for every game