- Cedar Rapids, IAHometown
- Washington Senior High School
- 180 lbsWeight
- —Overall Rank
- 35Position Rank
- Sep 29, 2010
- Cedar Rapids SG commits to Hawkeyes
- New Iowa head coach Fran McCaffery landed his first commitment in the 2011 class on Wednesday when 6'5 Cedar Rapids shooting guard Josh Oglesby chose the Hawkeyes over Arizona State and Minnesota.
"I would like to thank Coach McCaffery for making my dream become a reality," Oglesby said at a press conference announcing the decision.
Oglesby really took off last summer playing for the Iowa Barnstormers in Las Vegas on the AAU circuit, where ESPN.com's Joel Francisco had a chance to see him.
"Josh is a terrific jump shooter with a legit 3-point shot," he said. "He gets great lift on his shot and his release is impeccable. He's adept at getting his shot off pulling up in transition or coming off screens."
"He's also a terrific passer with a high basketball I.Q. and rarely turns it over," Francisco added.
Francisco notes that Oglesby, with continued development, should earn early playing time at Iowa.
"Josh is a winner with the mentality and skill set to succeed at the next level. With added strength and a continued emphasis on developing a more consistent mid-range game, he should be a fine addition to the Hawkeyes."
Oglesby is currently ranked No. 47 at the shooting guard position on ESPN.com.
- Sep 15, 2010
- Josh Oglesby visiting four schools
- Class of 2011 shooting guard Josh Oglesby has his final four schools down and is in the middle of his official visits.
Antonio Curro of www.NY2LASports.com has confirmed that Oglesby visited Iowa last weekend (Sept. 11) and will official trips to Minnesota this Saturday (Sept. 18), Arizona State on Sept. 25th and Illinois on Oct. 2nd.
The 6-foot-5 guard also hosted Minnesota head coach Tubby Smith and Arizona State's Herb Sendek this week for in-home visits.
- Aug 4, 2010
- Iowa Barnstormer down to four schools
- 6-foot-5 shooting guard Josh Oglesby will decide among four schools, according to his AAU coach Jamie Johnson.
Johnson is the head coach for the Iowa Barnstormers and announced on his Twitter page Wednesday that Oglesby will decide among Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota and Arizona State. He is expected to visit each school.
Oglesby was terrific for the Barnstormers this summer, particularly at the Fab 48 event in Las Vegas where he helped the squad to the championship game, according to ESPN.com's Joel Francisco.
"Oglesby can flat-out shoot from distance and delivered some of the more spectacular assists during the Fab 48 tournament," Francisco said.