Jumping on the coaching carousel is not easy
Originally Published: November 8, 2007By Reggie Rankin | Scouts Inc.
- Palm readers would be out of business if they attempted to predict movement in the coaching profession. In the what-have-you-done-for-me-lately world of sports, the chances are slim to none that a college coach -- throughout the course of his career -- will stay in one place. This season, more than 60 schools will have new head coaches, with some marquee names making power moves like Tubby Smith to Minnesota, Billy Gillispie to Kentucky, John Beilein to Michigan, and Bob Huggins to West Virginia.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker's career-high 30 lead Duke by UNC
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com