UNC, Florida, KU are loaded; what can stop them?
- You owe us on this one. We have made it so easy for you. As of October, we have told you definitively that Florida, North Carolina and Kansas are the best teams, the prohibitive favorites to make it to the Final Four and win the national title. You can trust us. We know.
Don't you just love the manner in which we annually crown kings in the preseason? With a confidence that belies a consistent lack of precision in preseason rankings, we arrogantly proclaim which teams are "locks" for the Final Four, which teams start the year as the "hot teams," like we are writing for some fashion rag, and which teams and players have a "buzz" around them.
We tell you the best teams before a single dribble has been taken in practice. We tell you which players will be awarded player of the year in each league before a single shot has been launched. And we tell you which coach will or should be fired before a single game has been played. We have all the answers.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Duke's Parker hasn't decided on NBA draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The 2006-07 season is upon us, and with it comes the ESPN.com college hoops preview. Get everything you need to know before tip-off:
Thursday, Nov. 9
• Katz: Knight's done it his way
• Knight Watch: The Road to 880
• 1-on-1: Part 1 | Part 2
• Katz: JTIII filling dad's shoes
• Bilas' All-Access: G'town
• Katz: Bozeman's back | OTL
• Experts: Coaches to watch