Team preview: Loyola (Md.)
Blue Ribbon Yearbook previews the 2005-06 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: ESPN Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams. To order the complete 25th anniversary edition of Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, visit www.blueribbonyearbook.com or call 1-866-805-BALL (2255).
(Information in this team report is as of October 1.)
Jimmy Patsos learned a lot from Gary Williams during his 13 years as an assistant coach at Maryland and those lessons are being put to use every day at Loyola College.
"He taught me that you need to do three things to have a successful program," Patsos said. "You've got to coach, you've got to recruit and you've got to promote your program. You always have to do all three, but the more time that you can spend on the first two, the better your team will be."
Patsos, understandably, spent a lot of time on No. 3 in his first season at Loyola and is looking forward to the day when the program is solid enough that he can focus more on teaching the game and finding new players. But that day has not arrived yet. Although the Greyhounds improved by five games last season, there is still a long way to go.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Embiid (back) could be out until mid-NCAAs
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Delaware clinches 1st NCAA bid since 1999
- Manhattan wins MAAC, punches NCAA ticket
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM