Team preview: Missouri
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2005-06 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: ESPN Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams. To order the complete 25th anniversary edition of Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, visit www.blueribbonyearbook.com or call 1-866-805-BALL (2255).
(Information in this team report is as of October 1.)COACH AND PROGRAM
Two years ago, Blue Ribbon ranked Missouri No. 5 in the country. And we weren't alone, either. There wasn't a magazine, newspaper or website that had the Tigers outside of the top 10.
At just 35 years old, Quin Snyder had guided Missouri to within six points of the program's first-ever Final Four in 2002. In the process, he became the first coach in NCAA history to make an Elite Eight with a 12th-seeded team. He followed that the next season with the program's fourth straight NCAA bid. And even though the Tigers exited in the second round, four NCAA trips in as many years was quite a feat.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Winthrop upsets High Point with last-second 3
- Savage will return to GW for Atlantic-10 tourney
- UCSB fan confronts Hawaii coach, arrested
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM