Team preview: Wyoming
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2005-06 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: ESPN Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams. To order the complete 25th anniversary edition of Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, visit www.blueribbonyearbook.com or call 1-866-805-BALL (2255).
(Information in this team report is as of October 1.)COACH AND PROGRAM
Steve McClain is so eager to get a handle on his eighth Cowboy team, he signed up for the Black Coaches Association Invitational on Nov. 13. What's more, he enlisted seven other teams to make the trek to Laramie and its 7,200-foot elevation.
The tournament will provide early season exposure for 6-10, 225-pound senior forward Justin William (8.0 ppg, 6.4 rpg), Wyoming's lone returning starter. Most of the Mountain West teams bring back a two- or three-man nucleus but McClain expects something special from a list of five returning letter winners and six recruits. "We'll be as deep as we were two or three years ago," McClain said. "We'll get back to running and pressing and what we did during that era. We'll press more, we'll run more." And on one of the highest elevation home courts in the country, that's a punishing combination for visitors from sea level.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
- Wichita St. pounds Missouri St. to reach 33-0
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM