Team preview: Texas A&M CC
Blue Ribbon Yearbook previews the 2005-06 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: ESPN Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams. To order the complete 25th anniversary edition of Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, visit www.blueribbonyearbook.com or call 1-866-805-BALL (2255).
(Information in this team report is as of October 1.)
After a remarkable 20-win season that included victories over teams from the ACC, Big 12 and Conference USA, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi must deal with the loss of five seniors who combined for more than 50 points and 20 rebounds per game in 2004-05.
Just don't tell coach Ronnie Arrow that the Islanders are starting over.
Arrow knows what starting from scratch looks like, and this isn't it. That came in 1999, when Arrow presided over the birth of the TAMUCC program. Six seasons into the process, the Islanders are 88-76 and coming off a season in which they looked suspiciously like an established Division I team. They return two players who started a significant portion of last season. Starting over? Please.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Embiid (back) could be out until mid-NCAAs
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Delaware clinches 1st NCAA bid since 1999
- Manhattan wins MAAC, punches NCAA ticket
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM