Team preview: St. Francis (Pa.)
Blue Ribbon Yearbook previews the 2005-06 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: ESPN Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams. To order the complete 25th anniversary edition of Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, visit www.blueribbonyearbook.com or call 1-866-805-BALL (2255).
(Information in this team report is as of October 1.)
The Red Flash won't have luck on their side anymore. Well, at least not guard Darshan Luckey.
After being the star of the Loretto, Pa., campus for the last three seasons, Luckey (21.5 ppg, 5.2 rpg) decided to try his luck in the NBA draft instead of return for his senior season. Luckey wasn't very lucky in June -- he went un-drafted. Even though he had a chance to return to St. Francis, he opted to takes his chances with an overseas team this fall. "I was surprised," coach Bobby Jones said of the two-time NEC first-teamer's decision to go pro. "We gave him some NBA projections and strongly encouraged him to come back. ... We are disappointed. He was a potential [NEC] player of the year candidate."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Ejim chosen over Wiggins as Big 12's POY
- Coastal Carolina ends 21-year NCAA drought
- Parker's career-high 30 lead Duke by UNC
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM